Ioana – http://musicteacherlifestyle.wordpress.com has chosen me as one of her nominated ‘Sunshine Blogger’… Thank you, thank you so much for your cordial and favourable judgement towards my writings… I’m extremely euphoric for being capable on bringing satisfaction for my readers through my thoughts… Your indelible support and love, I suppose will smoothen my road towards my dream…
There are certain rules to get the award and complete the circle and so I’m sharing it with my friends:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you on your blog post.
2. Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them new 11 questions to answer.
Now, its my turn to quench the 11 curiosities… Here we go… 😀
1. What do you secretly love about yourself and why?
– Mmmmmmmmm shall I say or not????? Should I or I shouldn’t????? Well, I should and I must!!! I love myself with the way how I caress my boyfriend when he is asleep… We are in a longggg longggggg longgggggggggggggggg distance relationship and after a long, hectic day, my prince charming calls me before sleeping… For most of the days he remains so tired that he goes asleep holding the cellphone still connected… I love the way while I caress him, obviously through virtual reality [ 😦 😦 ] even being sure about the fact that he remains completely oblivious of my pouring affection towards him.
I love this because I personally believe that my this act stands for the selfless and genuine affection I cherish in my heart for him…
2. If you would be a flavor, what would you be?
– I would like to be a ‘mint flavor’. Mint is a flavor, after consuming water after it, gives a cold and soothing sensation to our throat. I want as well to soothe the heart of the persons coming in contact with me with all my good wishes, advice and effort.
3. You won 10 Million dollars. What is your dream project to fulfil with the money and why?
– Well, thanks to you first of all for helping me in transcending for some moments to the millionaire club. :-p If I had been within the group of millionaires, I would like to contribute the half of the wealth to UNO, with a hope if my little contribution can bring a slightest change in the lifestyle of the people of the undeveloped countries. The next thing, honestly I’ll do is to keep aside a decent amount of money for me and my family to lead an affluent life ahead and the rest of the money would be handed over to the Government of our country for the Reformation of water drainage system.
4. Which do you prefer, house or apartment and why?
– Well, I like house more than apartment because I do feel that entering through a gate which is possessed by some other people also and a gate which is only mine have lots of difference between them. Also, I feel that a house is much more welcome in regard of privacy issues.
5. If you would have one super power, what would you want it to be and why?
– I would like to have a super power with which my organs could be kept for years intact after my demise. In most of the developing countries, a large percentage of donated organs deforms due to lack of proper preservation system.
6. What would be the second super power?
– As I’ve told you earlier, I am in a loooonnngggggggggg distance relationship. So always I wonder how my life would be if I could fly to my baby at any time!!! I suppose this answer does not require any further explanation… 😉 :-p
7. What’s the song that makes you dance and lipsink/singalong even in the grocery store?
– Just the way you are…
8. Name and recommend a beauty/hygiene product that you use.
– I will always recommend to keep a box of wet tissue as it is both hygienic and cosmetic too. For the hygiene purpose it will render you a cooling effect under the scorching heat of summer along with killing the germs and for the cosmetic purpose, it will keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
– Well my favourite desert is Lemon Bar. It is an excellent combination of buttery, crispy, sweet and sour flavor. I had learned it over internet and now I’m completely in love with it. I’m sharing here the recipe with my readers.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more to sprinkle on the finished bars
pinch of salt
8 Tbls unsalted butter, still cool and cut into 8 pieces
7 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
1 cup + 2 Tbls sugar
2/3 cup meyer lemon juice (from about 4-5 medium lemons)
finely grated zest from the lemons
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tbls unsalted butter, cut in to 4 pieces
3 Tbls heavy cream
For the crust
Cover a 9-inch square cake pan with two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, perpendicular to each other. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Put the flour, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor and process briefly, about 2 seconds. Add the butter pieces and process to blend, 8 to 10 seconds, then process until the mixture is pale yellow and resembles coarse meal, about three 1-second pulses. Sprinkle the mixture into the prepared cake pan and press firmly with your fingers into an even layer over the entire pan bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the crust until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
For the filling
In a medium saucepan whisk together the egg yolks and whole eggs until combined. Add the sugar, meyer lemon juice, zest and salt until well combined, about 30 seconds.
Add the butter pieces and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the curd thickens to a thin sauce-like consistency (about 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer), about 6 minutes.
Immediately pour the curd through a fine-mesh steel strainer set over a medium bowl. Stir in the heavy cream and then pour the curd into the warm crust.
Bake until the filling is shiny and opaque and the center 3 inches jiggle slightly when shaken, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 2 inch squares, wiping the knife blade clean between cuts as necessary. Sieve powdered sugar over the bars, if you’d like.
10. What is the dish that you prepare when you’re going to a party?
– Last time when I went to a party, I brought fruit custard with me. I know it is a very simple dish but a certain nostalgia is associated with it as it was the first dish I learned to prepare. You know, the retrospect thing…
11. Does your name has a meaning! What does it mean? Is the meaning relevant to you in any way?
– Yes, as you all must know Monalisa, by Leonardo de Vinci, is the world famous, most ambiguous and most discussed painting of the world.
For the relevance part, when I was of few days, you may say almost newly born, one day my mother noticed a strong affinity between me and the lady on the painting and therefore the mane was chosen. Now, I put the decision whether it has its relevance or not, upon my readers.
Now, here comes my nominees:
2. http:// At the day I died in the end. – http://wp.me/p7pEao-1k
3. http:// mostlyblogging.com
4. http:// dreambigdreamoften.com
5. http:// bunchup.wordpress.com
6. http:// thatmishmash.wordpress.com
7. http:// karansinghchauhan1211.wordpress.com/
8. http:// ywoodsynot.com
9. http:// itsahippiekase.wordpress.com
10. http:// wordpress.com/wp-login.php
11. http:// Shooting Stars: Riptide – http://wp.me/p7goir-Z5
I’ve sincerely and religiously picked up those blogs from different kind of writing patterns. I wish you will enjoy reading their blog.
Here are my questions for my nominated bloggers, answer kindly who want to get the award:
1. What is the most fearful dream you have ever dreamed of?
2. Name a promise you want to do to yourself.
3. Suppose it’s your last few minutes on this earth. You wanna see…
4. What do you want to say that person at that moment?
5. If you could turn the time cycle reverse, you wanna go back to…
6. Place on descending order: money, memory, love, nature, power, ego, status symbol
7. Write a very short story upon where you are the Prince of a legendary fairytale.
8. The meaning of ‘ultimate’ in your life.
9. If we all were robot…
10. If your eyes couldn’t speak for you…
11. Your present and unfiltered impression about me reading and answering my questions (tried to resist myself but couldn’t :-p :-p )
Thank you all guys. Wishing you a very bright and sunny morning ahead… Love you, bubby… :-* :-*